//some 3rd party need geo

Shutting down problems - xp pro

TonyTony 09:20 13 May 04

Ok, here goes...

About 2 months ago i bought a brand new dell with xp pro installed. Last weekend it started acting dodgy, most of the time when i turned it on it would go to the welcome screen and just freeze, ctrl alt del wouldnt do anything so i had to turn it off manually. I kept restarting it and after 7 attempts i finally logged in successfully. I then did a system restore to the previous weekend and i thought this sorted the problem out. It did to a degree, it doesnt freeze at the welcome screen anymore. However, i have 2 user accounts on my pc and when i try to log off either of them, nothing happens. I try to shut down and a message pops up saying 'users are still logged in, would u like to log them off?' I click yes and nothing happens, as if the computer just disregards what i just told it do. Its not a major problem, just an annoyance. Whats worse is a cant find my windows xp disc to re install again. Any ideas?
Cheers guys

TonyTony 16:18 13 May 04

Give me a break!!!
139,000 users and no-one can help me!!!

TonyTony 16:04 18 May 04

Please!!!!

GaT7 16:14 18 May 04
  TomJerry 16:22 18 May 04

or, file system (the way file store on hDD) damged.

Find out the maker of your HDD and use relevent software check it. Also check memory as well.

You can get all diagnostic program on a cd with Utilmate Boot CD click here

Peverelli 16:23 18 May 04
  Peverelli 16:24 18 May 04

ah! same links as Crossbow7. I was too slow :-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…