Shutting down problem

Demora 09:56 24 Aug 04

Hi Maybe someone has had this problem.

When I leave the computer for a while ie go cook dinner I sometimes come back and there the windows Shutting down screen...

Theres no way I can bring it to life and the only thing to do is turn off at the mains.

I don't know why its started doing this. We recently moved house and none of my settings for power management have been altered.

System is
Athlon hunderbird 1.3ghz. 1gig sdram. winxp. KT7 RAID Motherboard and sundry dvd.dvdr+/- ATI radeon all in wonder 32 (old but works) Creative Audidgy Pantignum1 etc. Netgear router and 2 hdds one 20 gbyt and 1.80gbyte.

The pc doesn't seem to be over heating so whats gone wrong with Winders.

Demora

billyliv 12:58 24 Aug 04

Hi, A recent update may have upset your settings. If a System restore point doesn't put your system right, try resetting your Bios to default settings. Cheers, Bill

Demora 13:03 24 Aug 04

I haven't updated for a few weeks (moving etc)

I'm just wondering if my dog could have knocked the desk door against the pc. Or my cat found the alt/f4. Silly I know but ....

Demora

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…