Shutdown of W7 triggers Num. Lock on K/B

SillBill 06 Jan 13
Answered

Got a new comp recently, 660S, it has the annoying habit of lighting the Num. Lock on my (wired, USB) Keyboard at Shutdown only way so far to switch off the light is to unplug the keyboard which is becoming boring! BTW the light would remain on even though the comp. is shut down until it is restarted - then it goes out!

SillBill 06 Jan 13
Answer

Think I found the answer, I removed my k/b from the USB Hub that I was using and plugged it directly into the computer (only available port was USB3) now the light comes on when shutting down but goes off when the comp completely shuts down! It comes back on again at start up but goes out when OS finishes loading - I can live with that!

SillBill 06 Jan 13

BTW, the USB hub was NOT a powered one.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message