Shutdown Refusal

Rayscollen 08:29 26 Mar 08

I have a bog standard Pentium 4 3Ghz PC with built in graphics and sound. It has 1 Gb RAM and is connected to the internet via broadband through a standard ethernet connection. The only non standard stuff I have is a home accounts package and a PIM both of which have not nor do not require connection the the internet. My fire wall is Zonealarm and I use Norton Anti-Virus. My problem is my PC refuses to shut down. When ever I shut down the machine reboots. Despite th3e fact I am not a total novice I can find no reason why this happens. Any help would be appreciated as totally secure while the PC is active.

Thanks

Ray

MAJ 08:36 26 Mar 08

In Control Panel > Power Options > Advanced tab, make sure the "Shutdown" option is selected in the "When I press the power button on my computer" menu of the "Power Buttons" section, click Apply and OK to exit.

MAJ 08:42 26 Mar 08

Also try this. click here

Rayscollen 09:05 26 Mar 08

Thanks for that MAJ ... your 'Click Here' solution worked

Ray

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…