Shutdown Refusal

Rayscollen 08:29 26 Mar 08

I have a bog standard Pentium 4 3Ghz PC with built in graphics and sound. It has 1 Gb RAM and is connected to the internet via broadband through a standard ethernet connection. The only non standard stuff I have is a home accounts package and a PIM both of which have not nor do not require connection the the internet. My fire wall is Zonealarm and I use Norton Anti-Virus. My problem is my PC refuses to shut down. When ever I shut down the machine reboots. Despite th3e fact I am not a total novice I can find no reason why this happens. Any help would be appreciated as totally secure while the PC is active.

Thanks

Ray

MAJ 08:36 26 Mar 08

In Control Panel > Power Options > Advanced tab, make sure the "Shutdown" option is selected in the "When I press the power button on my computer" menu of the "Power Buttons" section, click Apply and OK to exit.

MAJ 08:42 26 Mar 08

Also try this. click here

Rayscollen 09:05 26 Mar 08

Thanks for that MAJ ... your 'Click Here' solution worked

Ray

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…