shutdown problems

dragonfly1 21:38 07 Jan 05

Hello there,quite recently my computer has displayed problems when I try to shut down.After going to "START" then "TURN OFF COMPUTER" my arrow curser turns into the busy eggtimer curser so what I have to do then is go to WINDOWS TASK MANAGER and shut down from there,window will shut down from there but takes about 5-10 mins.I have no other probs when the pc is on.The only thing worth mentioning is that in WINDOWS TASK MANAGER I notice the only program active in the PROCESSES tab is SYSTEM IDLE PROCESS which in the CPU column has a number normally in the nineties.The pc will not let me end this process.
Thanks,Andy

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:04 07 Jan 05

Shutdown problems click here

Dennis1 22:31 07 Jan 05

dragonfly1 I think the sysem Idle process is the amount the cpu isn't using and you can't shut it down,I know this doesn't help but I think I'm right about that,If not someone will be along in a minute to correct me. Dennis

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…