shutdown problems

mattbell1975 20:17 04 Mar 04

my puter for no aparant reasom will not shut down..... well thats not stricktly true it does log off windows however doesnt turn off the power and it always has done even by pressing in the power button and holding it down there is still power on in the computer and the desktop is displayed without any icons. The only way is to turn off the power on the power unit on the back and when switched back on it turns puter on again straight away.I have looked for any cables from board that are loose ect and from power buton bt it all looks ok.I havent loaded anything on new for ages.....im stuck any ideas?
Athlon 2000 xp,win xp pro,asus board

anon1 20:38 04 Mar 04

It would be very beneficial to you to at least give us the operating system so that you could be pointed in the right direction. The rest of the system information might help too

anon1 20:40 04 Mar 04

appologies just spotted it at the bottom of your post. this might help click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…