shutdown problem

ozzippo 20:54 02 Jan 04

I,m currently running on 'Windows 98se'. Every time I shut down using the correct procedure, START - SHUT DOWN - OK when shutdown is marked, the computer re-boots as if it's marked on re-boot, I've tried hilighting the others & they work ok. My mate, who thinks he's bill gates, said it's my graphics card, but I just slap him & he cries in the corner. I'm also getting as much help from microsoft's website. CAN'T ANYONE HELP, I'm sick of pushing the On-off switch on the tower.

MAJ 21:05 02 Jan 04

Go to Start > Run and type in "msconfig" (without the quotes), click OK, then click the Advanced button and tick the "Disable Fast Shutdown" cilk Apply and OK to exit msconfig and try that. If it doesn't work, download and install the Windows 98 SE Shutdown Supplement, click here. That should cure it for you.

woodchip 21:21 02 Jan 04

I think you will find that Win98se as already disabled that it does on mine. but there is a shutdown patch on the MS site You could try go to Control Panel/Sounds make sure there is nothing under the Windows/Exit if there is remove it

woodchip 21:24 02 Jan 04

For the Patch go hear click here

MAJ 21:26 02 Jan 04

I see my invisibility tablets are still working.;-)

woodchip 21:32 02 Jan 04

Don't worry about it too much

woodchip 21:34 02 Jan 04

PS he may have gone out for an hammer

VoG II 22:34 02 Jan 04

;o)))))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…