Shutdown Issues

beaky1993 22:31 06 Jun 07

I am having a problem in shutting down my computer. Everytime I the computer finishes the shutdown process, I am presented with a screen saying 'It is now safe to turn off your computer'. The PC used to power down automatically, but after reinstalling XP, this has changed. Also, when I click Turn Off Computer in the Start Menu, the only options are Hibernate, Turn Off, and Restart. The standby option is nowhere to be found.

I've tried enabling the NT/APM Legacy Node, but I get a Code 37 error (Windows failed to initialize the device driver.), and I can't access the APM tab in Power Management.

Please help, I can't just turn off my PC and walk away like I used to ...

SANTOS7 22:37 06 Jun 07

click here

This may help,good luck..

iarno 11:28 07 Jun 07

read this it may help you.

Computer Switch Off
By flycatcher1 on Wed, 16/05/2007

iarno 11:29 07 Jun 07

sorry that did not work

iarno 11:31 07 Jun 07

or try a search for that posting

MAJ 11:45 07 Jun 07
  iarno 00:43 08 Jun 07

Thank you MAJ that was the one I was after. Don't know why it wouldn't work for me.

beaky1993 11:35 10 Jun 07

Thanks for replying, I've been away from the PC for a while and that's why I couldn't get back to you so quickly.

I'm going to try creating a shortcut on the desktop, but when I try "shutdown -s -t 00" from the Run box, it doesn't make any difference. I'll try it anyhow and get back to you.

Thanks,
beaky1993

beaky1993 21:07 21 Jun 07

The desktop shortcut didn't work, but doing a fresh XP install did.

Thanks anyway,
beaky1993

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…