Shutdown icon

steve263000 06:54 06 Apr 05

I found a article in one of the mags, that told how to place a icon on the desktop that would shutdown the computer from there.( instead of "start,shutdown etc". I tried it but failed, and now I have lost the article. Does anyone know how to do this?

pauldonovan 09:34 06 Apr 05

...take a look at this utility:

click here

Should work on XP I would've thought.

Then create a batch file e.g. a file called shutdown.bat which just runs psshutdown e.g.

psshutdown \\your-pc-name-here

and then setup a shortcut on your desktop to that batch file.

jbp1982 09:36 06 Apr 05

click here

Try that

SANTOS7 09:38 06 Apr 05

click here
this may help,good luck.........

pauldonovan 09:41 06 Apr 05

..didn't realise that came with XP, thought it was in some kind of resource kit or something. Excellent.

rawprawn 09:51 06 Apr 05

Right click the desktop and hit new shortcut. paste this "shutdown.exe -s -t 0" type shutdown or whatever you want then apply. Right click it and in the shortcut option use a key IE: I use F12, this will allow you to shutdown Windows with just one button press. (Courtesy of spikey chris)

steve263000 06:17 07 Apr 05

I have used, with success the shortcut by "rawprawn". Thanks for all that answered, but the last one worked the best. Steve,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…