shutdown -a

sparkly_devil 16:32 03 May 04

I was having problems with my computer. It said something about NT AUTHORITY\system and it said that lsass.exe terminated unexpectedly with status code 1073741819 (not sure if that is any help to anyone) so i took the advice of Powerless and used shutdown -a in run. i now don't know how to get rid of it being the fool i am. please help!

VoG II 16:35 03 May 04

If you want to get rid of the worm runn Stinger click here

johnnyrocker 16:38 03 May 04

and if using xp/me disable system restore before clean up.

sparkly_devil 16:42 03 May 04

i cant disable the system restore as i am unable to shut the computer down due to me using shutdown -a. i have run stinger and they have found the Sasser virus, so how do i get rid of the shutdown -a to enable to me to turn off system restore and run stinger again?

VoG II 16:54 03 May 04

Never heard of this command stopping normal shutdown. Anyway

shutdown -s

woodchip 16:55 03 May 04

pull the plug as a last resort

johnnyrocker 16:57 03 May 04

tat command simply allows you more time to get the solution it does/should not prevent manual shutdown.

ened 17:02 03 May 04

Apologies if I am missing the point somewhere but you don't need to turn the computer off to turn off System Restore.
open the settings tab on the first page of SR.

johnnyrocker 17:05 03 May 04

sparkly_devil 17:36 03 May 04

must be me then. ah well thank you all for your help :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…