shut out from the system

student86 11:30 12 Sep 06

Right now i am using the library computer coz my brother has managed to do another incredibly stupid thing. We use XP Home edition and we had one user account that was not password protected. My brother decided to change the settings of the computer so that the computer would automatically log in this account as soon as the computer was switched on. He then got the instructions on how to do this off the microsoft website. So far so good. When it came changing the settings he came across a field were a user name and a password were required. But the our user account is not password protected but he entered in some random username and password into this field. (the fool). So now when anyone turns on the computer there is an error message saying that "windows could not log you in, bla bla bla"

I have tried safe mode, but still the same problem persists. I can't get to system restore and i don't see any way out evcept maybe to reinstall windows. But i had not backed up all the gigs of music and video. It's especially painfull since i had legally bought some of the music.

Help me please there must some way out of this that dosen't result in me losing all my music.

mgmcc 11:55 12 Sep 06

When you go into Safe Mode, you should have the option to log in to XP's default "Administrator Account". If this was not given a Password when Windows was originally installed (or subsequently), you should be able to get into XP with this Account and reset/remove the Passwords on any other User Accounts.

student86 13:01 12 Sep 06

i'll give it a go thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple