shut down /start up laptop and printer or scanner

Guady 14:06 10 Oct 10

I have a new laptop but am still using my previous wired printer and also wired scanner. My question is: Does it matter in which order I switch on the 3 parts? Should I connect everything and then switch on laptop etc or switch on the laptop and then the printer & scanner(as when connecting for the first time to the new Win7 laptop to get the drivers). Also what about any particular order to shut down? Having got the things set up I really don't want to mess them up! Thanks

Ashrich 14:22 10 Oct 10

I don't think it matters at all , I never turn either my printer or scanner off , although have a look in the printer properties , some ( Canon ) have an auto turn off after a certain time , sending a document to the printer turns it on again .

Ashley

Taff™ 14:22 10 Oct 10

The first thing to do is get the Windows 7 drivers for both these downloaded from the manufacturers websites. Drivers generally need to be installed before the peripherals are connected.

If there aren`t drivers available for Windows 7 you need the latest XP Versions and see if they work in what`s called "Compatibility Mode" under Windows 7.

Once installed you shouldn`t have a problem in what order you shut down.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…