Shut down problem

polo 21:00 31 Mar 03

Nearly everytime I attempt to shut down my computer at the very end of the process I get the dreaded blue screen. I have to restart and try again often several times. Any solutions (fairly non tech please)? I'm using Windows 98 se on a Mesh Computer. Cheers Polo

kentylad 22:26 31 Mar 03

What does the blue-screen say?

More detail please :-D

Nick

polo 23:54 31 Mar 03

Yes it would help wouldn't it! I'll take a note next time it happens and I'll be back. Thanks

polo 20:47 03 Apr 03

It says:-
A fatal exception OD has occurred at 0028;C00028C6
in VXD(01)+000018C6
That's what the blue screen says at the final stage of shutdown. Can anyone help! Polo

Pault 20:59 03 Apr 03

You should have "WIndows Update" somewhere on your computer, if you cannot find it go to click here
You will find several updates for Windows 98 SE, there (about 13 critical ones!). One of these deals with the shutdown problem. I recommend you download all the critical updates.

Pault 20:59 03 Apr 03

You should have "WIndows Update" somewhere on your computer, if you cannot find it go to click here
You will find several updates for Windows 98 SE, there (about 13 critical ones!). One of these deals with the shutdown problem. I recommend you download all the critical updates.

kentylad 21:17 08 Apr 03

I hope that website helped you out, keep us posted

Nick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…