Shut down problem

Scubaman 17:18 PM 05 Jan 12
Answered

I am cleaning up a friends' computer running Vista, I have done all the things suggested in this helproom and it runs smoothly again. The only thing I cannot fatham out is the message on shutting down. 'ui Operate Registry, open shard memory, using mutex not success6' then a couple of seconds later I see a tiny icon with 'Wrong' next to it, and a message saying that this program is preventing your comp from shutting down. I can force the shutdown but was wondering about this message.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:33 PM 05 Jan 12

Run the registry cleaner tool in CCleaner and then retry

Scubaman 18:03 PM 05 Jan 12

I have already run the cleaner and defrag and run the virus and spyware progs, I have run CCCleaner again but still the same message appears.

Scubaman 19:09 PM 05 Jan 12
Answer

I think I have solved it. Having trawled the net I learned that it was to do with the wireless USB adapter drivers. I re-installed the drivers and it now seems ok, fingers crossed. I think he uses the USB adapter because the onboard one is not powerful enough when it is used upstairs.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites