shut down options have changed !!!

lisa_gedo 22:34 26 Mar 07

when i click on start, turn off computer, my options have changed....i usually have standby, turn off or restart but standby has been replaced by hibernate !!! can anyone explain how to change this back, i have been through all power options and can't find anything. thank you

VoG II 22:38 26 Mar 07

Which version of Windows?

Stuartli 22:58 26 Mar 07

If it's XP go to Control Panel>Power Options and uncheck Hibernate from the Hibernate tab.

rick808 23:04 26 Mar 07

The shift key toggles the standby/hibernate options while pressed...not sure why it would stay that way??

lisa_gedo 09:39 27 Mar 07

running windows xp....tried the shift key and yes it does toggle between the two but goes back to hibernate when i let go of shift key !!!....got me stumped, probably a simple setting somewhere hehe

PaulB2005 11:35 27 Mar 07

Read Stuartli's posting above.....

lisa_gedo 20:42 27 Mar 07

ok when pc was turned back on the standby was back !!!! i think there is a problem with the keyboard because some of the symbols has swapped places !!! ty anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…