Shut down now nothing happens

jail-bird 13:22 14 Jan 07

Last night i was shutting down comp and then went to wall and before it had just show flicked switch at wall and now it is sayig active system recovery, it is saying if you turned off with out shutting down porperly click here it then says there is a problem on page and do yo want to continue running scripts on page i click yes and nothing happens.

What should i do?

john-232317 13:48 14 Jan 07

Restart the PC and tap the F8 key, then select start in safe mode and see if it will boot up that way.

bof:) 13:49 14 Jan 07

left click my computer/ right click C drive if this is the hard drive with your operating system on it/ right click Properties/ left click Tools Tab/ left click Check Now in Error checking/put a tick on both boxes/click Start

You will get a message saying a CHKDSK has been scheduled for next time you restart your pc.

Close down PC, leave for 10 minutes, turn it back on touch nothing and yoou should get a message saying chkdsk is being ru. Just leave it to run. Should take some time.

If doesnt work, report back

Mike

bof:) 14:02 14 Jan 07

sorry misread posting :-(

Try what is suggested by daddyassa.

bof:) 14:04 14 Jan 07

if it did not work ,what exactly is the message you get please is it similar to anything here?

click here

jail-bird 18:07 14 Jan 07

it says when it comes on to dekstop

microsoft windows has experienced an unexpected error, as a precaution your active desktop has been turned off click here to restore active desktop then you do so and it says

an erro has cocured in the script of this page line 65

char 1

error:objct doesnt support this action, do you want to continue running scripts, then i press yes and nothing happens and each time i resrtart copmputer this always come on as my background

how do i get past this?

woodchip 18:11 14 Jan 07

Above was asked, Can you get into SAFE MODE by keep tapping F8 ?????

jail-bird 18:15 14 Jan 07

no not to happy goin in sfae mode

bof:) 23:06 14 Jan 07

do you mean PC is not happy with going into safe mode (if not what happens when you try to go into safe mode) or you yourself are not happy at attempting to get PC to go into safe mode?

Mike

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:08 14 Jan 07

Repair XP by replacing corrupt files
Type

sfc /scannow

in the run box, press enter and let system file checker find and replace missing / corrupt file in windows and explorer.This will take awhile to complete and you may be asked for the CD to be in the drive if windows is not preinstalled on the hard drive.

sfc /scannow problems
click here

woodchip 20:22 15 Jan 07

Don't think SFC will work as is computer will not start in windows

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…