shut down on connecting to net

phil113 15:20 21 Mar 04

computer shut down about i minute after connecting to the net,o/s xp professional. blue box appears,headed system shutdown,it says this system is shutting down.please save all work in progress and log off.any unsaved changes will be lost. this shutdown was iniated by NT authority/system.time before shutdown 60 secs. a further box which said message,the message is windows mush now restart because the remote procedure call{RPC}service terminated unexpectedly. at the of countdown it shuts the computer down and then re-starts.anyone out there knows what is happening.

tk1 16:07 21 Mar 04

Hi Phil,
Try going to MS security update, this happened to me and caused me a lot of pain,it is a worm virus and the security update did the trick and stopped the shutdown,
this is the MS link/page:
click here

Good luck
TK1

TTP 16:15 21 Mar 04

Definately blaster - had the same problems - get it fixed from link above then goto Win Update pick a dozen or so of the smallest security updates (less than 1MB) you can (if on dialup) otherwise get ALL security AND critical patches/fixes (if broadband) repeat untill all updates are installed; do a virus/spyware/malware scan and all should be happy !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017