Shrinking movies

Dobie 12:51 02 Jun 08

Hi Guys

Have just bought a hard drive media centre, hoping to put my 200 plus DVD's onto the device so I can save some space.
I have been told I can rip a movie to about 700MB, but unsure which software will do this for me.

Help

Thanks in advance, Debs

JanetO 14:05 02 Jun 08

Try DVD Shrink click here

AL47 15:41 02 Jun 08

i wouldnt shrink them down that far, thats going down too around 25% of the original, not really gona be watchable unless its for the iphone or something, itll look terrible on a good monitor

i dont compress mine at all, just take out all the trailers, extras, warnings, subtitles etc so i just get the movie and the first menu

Dobie 18:38 02 Jun 08

Hi AL47

What size is the average movie by removing all the extras etc, and what software do you use.

Debs

sean-278262 18:42 02 Jun 08

click here

This is the way you can shrink the movie itself down to 700mb. There are many other programs that will do it but most are either too complex or too simplistic.

However this is not going to be like a DVD still with menus and options etc, it is just a single video file of the movie itself.

A

eedcam 18:49 02 Jun 08

All the info you need for conventional shrinking
click here

Your files will still be around 4.3 G/byte unless you manually compress

AL47 19:11 02 Jun 08

i use dvd fab hd decrypter

its the free version if you use the main menufeature at 100% youll usually get a 4 gb file, still fairly big, and its still in dvd format, ie will play on all dvd players

if you go to 70% the max for what i use youll get it down to about 3gb

if you dont want to use it for dvd players, you might get smaller, but it is more complex, ive tried alot of packages and this i found is the best

you can always experiment with the size reducing, some dvds you can get away with more, others less

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac