Shrinking Hard Drive

SimonV 09:02 19 Jun 09

Hi i have an Acer Aspire X3200 with a 1TB HDD. It is split into two drives. I have started to notice that the drive that is used is losing up to 2GB a day in avaliable space. I have used WinDirSat to determine what is taking up all the avaliable space on the drive and have come across a dll file that is 12GB in size. Im not really too clever with computers but this does seem a little big. I have Mcafee installed could it have let a virus in? Please help i have only had the computer 3 weeks and really just dont understand.

Technotiger 09:11 19 Jun 09

What is the name of the 12Gb file?

I doubt whether it is a virus.

Technotiger 09:16 19 Jun 09

Scroll down to "Where has my disk space gone" ...

click here

Technotiger 09:17 19 Jun 09

click here

Please stick to one Post until Resolved - double Posts only cause confusion!

Technotiger 09:24 19 Jun 09

I guess you are new to this Forum - so Welcome to the best Forum on the 'Net, the best place for PC Help.

Please scroll down to the bottom of this Thread and put a tick in the Resolved box, then click on the word Resolved - that will 'close' this thread so people will go to your other thread to offer their advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…