Showing full post instead of excerpt with Bueno theme

Nyxus 11:39 05 Apr 14

I was wondering if someone here could help me with my site (www.metalgearinformer.com), which uses the Bueno theme (Wordpress CMS). I tried asking in the theme's support forum but have gotten no response.

The main issue I have is that the theme automatically displays excerpts on the front page instead of the full post. The situation I would like is to have it show the entire post, unless I use the 'more' tag in the editor. But at the moment it breaks posts off on its own and ignores the more tag.

I've tried looking for a solution myself, but the code of the theme doesn't seem to have that I can change to , which is the suggestion I see everywhere. I would like to include a specific piece of code with this question, but because I don't know where in the code I have to adjust for this, I can't do that.

marcustaylor 04:58 07 Apr 14

Mmm I've ran into this in the past - in theory you should just be able to replace with and play around with the length of the_content in the functions file. However, some themes make it very difficult to do that without messing with other pages.

Another option would be to just edit the length of the excerpt so that it's 500 characters or something - that would give the impression that it's the full post.

Last resort, it may be best to go for a different theme: click here that helps

Hope

Nyxus 11:43 07 Apr 14

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, I can't find the_content in the functions file...

Also, what's strange is that there seem to be options for the excerpt, but they don't do anything. I changed the length to 300 (words, I assume), but it still shows only about 20.

click here thing I can do is switch them off entirely, so there is only a headline.

click here

Only

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac