Showing .AVI files on TV

Dirty Dick 14:08 22 Jan 04

I have some avi files that I want to play over my TV. The files play with no problem thro Windows Media player on my PC. I have a cable to connect my PC to my TV. One end has a Scart lead to connect to the TV/Video Player and the other end has two connectors, one is a 3.5mm audio jack plug, and the other is a plug that connects next to the monitor plug, whick I think is on the graphic card. My garphic card is a nVIDIA GeForce 2 Pro and I am running XP Pro. Is there anything else that I need to do to watch these files on TV or was the cable a bad buy !!!
Thanks

johnnyrocker 14:11 22 Jan 04

click here and for 9 quid you have your solution i use it with vcr and tv perfectly.

johnny.

BigMoFoT 14:52 22 Jan 04

As long as your TV card has tv out facility then youn should be able to - you could by a stand alone divx player!?!?!

Dirty Dick 15:12 22 Jan 04

Johnny, Just downloaded the TVTool and run it. Then spent sometime running from one room to the other to try to get Windows back on to the monitor, from my TV. It's going to be a bit like the GOLDEN SHOT, or I'll have to rig up mirrors, any other ideas where I'm going wrong?

johnnyrocker 15:23 22 Jan 04

i had that prob at first but found a setting somewhere within the settings but for the life of me cant remember at this time but will have a look at home for you, it has a setting for dual view possibly in desktop properties or one of them, will get back to you.

johnny.

Dirty Dick 15:26 22 Jan 04

Cheers Johnny
Dick

johnnyrocker 15:32 22 Jan 04

thinking about it you could try escape on keyboard, will keep thinking.

johnny.

Dirty Dick 15:43 22 Jan 04

Tried escape, No Luck !!

Dirty Dick 15:43 22 Jan 04

Tried escape, No Luck !!

johnnyrocker 15:45 22 Jan 04

ok i keep thinking, in the meantime try ending the task from task manager.

johhny.

Dirty Dick 15:48 22 Jan 04

Can't see anything on Monitor, only on TV in distant room. Not a spring chicken anymore and it seems like I've just run a MARATHON !! Looks like I'll have to move PC next to TV and use as a monitor

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…