Show a web page without internet connection

Graham. 23:49 29 Aug 08

I would like to show this web page click here to the old lady that wrote the story.

If she doesn't have a DVD player, I could maybe connect my laptop to her TV.

I have tried pasting screen shots into Word, but it doesn't look very good.

Is there another way, I wonder?

woodchip 23:55 29 Aug 08

Why not Print it off

Graham. 23:59 29 Aug 08

Thanks, that is another option, for a permanent display to show her friends and family.

MCE2K5 01:06 30 Aug 08

Try this 'CamStudio' click here

Run CamStudio, Open Webpage, Press Record Button, Scroll Webpage down (Slowly), When you get to the bottom of the page, Press the Stop Button, Save Video to your Hard Drive, Play it back with Windows Media Player.

A quick Demo I have just uploaded to Photobucket click here Quality not too bad.

Graham. 09:41 30 Aug 08

Thanks, that looks promising.

Graham. 09:43 30 Aug 08

Thanks, I get a JavaScript sign in error when I open the file.

Graham. 18:08 30 Aug 08

CamStudio results not good enough.

I can save a page with fair results, eg. BBC News, but I can't save any pages on my website. I get 'Unable to save this webpage'. Can anyone else save the page?

I can email a picture to myself, though, with excellent results. I might have to use that method.

Graham. 20:26 30 Aug 08

Is the simplest. I shut down my laptop with the page showing. Then on restart, Internet Explorer 8, Tools, I have 'Reopen Last Browsing Session'. And there is the page.

I can also visit the pages I visited on the last session. And this is done off-line.

So IE8 to the rescue.

DieSse 00:27 31 Aug 08

All you do in IE7 is File Save - put file type as html (Web page, complete) - and it will open again when you click on the saved file, offline.

Same in Firefox.

Also in FF you can use the Scrapbook extension, which makes the process even easier.

DieSse 00:32 31 Aug 08

I thought I better test what I said.

IE7 won't save that page for some reason.

However, Firefox and Scrapbook save it just fine.

Graham. 00:33 31 Aug 08

Thanks, but for some reason it won't save my web page. It may be because there are too many links. That's why I asked if anyone else could save it. Please try for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…