Show desktop in XP

Doris Day 08:52 11 Apr 06

Hi, I have recently upgraded from Windows 2000 to XP with the purchase of a new PC. Unfortunately I have one small, and I suspect trivial problem. On my old 2000 machine there is a little icon in the lower left of the screen, next to the start button which when clicked will minimise all open screens and display the desktop. I find this very useful, as I tend to have lots of windows open and many shortcuts on my desktop. This button is not present on my new XP machine, which entails minimising each window manually if I wish to see the desktop and access my shortcuts. I realise that I am probably missing a very obvious solution but for the life of me I can't think of one. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

ed-0 09:56 11 Apr 06

show desktop

I may be wrong, but on mine it is on the quick launch toolbar.

Right click the bottom bar, pick toolbars and then quick launch. Drag the tool bar to the right, is it listed there?

Devil Fish 11:11 11 Apr 06

right click on the task bar a white menu will show

5th option down show desktop

to restore windows same again open

Devil Fish 11:33 11 Apr 06

to concur with ed-0 have found it in quick launch

VoG II 18:45 11 Apr 06
  User-312386 20:52 11 Apr 06

its just

Right click Task bar>Toolbars and then tick Quick launch

Doris Day 09:03 12 Apr 06

Many thanks. all sorted now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…