show columns when printing Excel

palinka 11:14 28 Jan 05

I'm creating an attendance register in Excel - names on the left, then columns for each date. How can I make it print the vertical lines between the date columns? help files don't offer anything - or maybe I haven't asked the right question!

ventanas 11:18 28 Jan 05

You can go into File\Page setup and on the Shhet tab, check the box to print gridlines. This will also print the horizontal lines though. I don't know if there is a way to print just vertical.

palinka 11:29 28 Jan 05

thanks ventanas, I was about to reply saying it still doesn't print the linesand then I discovered that your solution works BUT NOT in DRAFT quality.

Thanks very much.

palinka 11:38 28 Jan 05

but I've just tried it out again in draft and it DOES work. Don't know what went wrong first time.

shellship 12:07 28 Jan 05

Palinka
I've noticed that in both Excel and Access that anything other than simple stuff does not print in draft mode - which is my default. Have to change to next best quality to do so.

geeza 12:07 28 Jan 05

highlight all the cells that you wish to use, go to format, cells, borders and put a line in the centre and a line to the right and ok it. that should give you the vertical lines you require.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…