show columns when printing Excel

palinka 11:14 28 Jan 05

I'm creating an attendance register in Excel - names on the left, then columns for each date. How can I make it print the vertical lines between the date columns? help files don't offer anything - or maybe I haven't asked the right question!

ventanas 11:18 28 Jan 05

You can go into File\Page setup and on the Shhet tab, check the box to print gridlines. This will also print the horizontal lines though. I don't know if there is a way to print just vertical.

palinka 11:29 28 Jan 05

thanks ventanas, I was about to reply saying it still doesn't print the linesand then I discovered that your solution works BUT NOT in DRAFT quality.

Thanks very much.

palinka 11:38 28 Jan 05

but I've just tried it out again in draft and it DOES work. Don't know what went wrong first time.

shellship 12:07 28 Jan 05

Palinka
I've noticed that in both Excel and Access that anything other than simple stuff does not print in draft mode - which is my default. Have to change to next best quality to do so.

geeza 12:07 28 Jan 05

highlight all the cells that you wish to use, go to format, cells, borders and put a line in the centre and a line to the right and ok it. that should give you the vertical lines you require.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch