SHOUTcast - Does anyone know...

Simonious 19:44 06 Jan 04

...about this system?

I have recently downloaded Winamp and have the SHOUTcast dsp and DNAS software that should enable me to link to a SHOUTcast server. Unfortunately connection is failing because it says there is some sort of sharing software or Firewall stopping this from connecting.

I have had 'Zone Alarm' and 'Norman Virus scan' on my system in the past but feel sure I have managed to delete them from my system although I never know if there is not some part of them working behind the scenes. I even had the Norton firewall at some point.

if anyone has or knows someone with experience with SHOUTcast please could you point me in the right direction. If anyone also would like to email their tel no to my address which is [email protected] I would be grateful for any help I can get. I am at a little disadvantage when looking online myself for info on such subjects because I am visually impaired so any help is much appreciated.

Kind regards

jgosden 19:50 06 Jan 04

setting up a shoutcast server is a painyour best bet is 2 use a site like live365

click here

much easier

Simonious 13:58 07 Jan 04

SHOUTcast is free to broadcast and has a much faster bitrate. I just checked with Live3565 and they want a minumum of $8.00 a month for the barest minumum of listener capability and loads of ads!

Do you know of another site that is similar to these two?

Kind regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…