should'nt Microsoft have got it right in the first

Confab 15:07 06 Jan 05

click here

Cobfab

mattyc_92 15:13 06 Jan 05

Yes, you would think that a large comany like Micorosoft would make sure that it stays at the top by making sure their products are more secure than anyother company around wouldn't you!!!

Colinp 16:34 06 Jan 05

well i have just downloaded it and it seems to have found a few nasties that have slipped past spybot, adaware etc

VoG II 17:16 06 Jan 05

Currently scanning with AntiSpyware - a couple of things found so far.

Did anybody find the Microsoft Anti-virus, or is that not released yet?

I don't think that Microsoft can be blamed for viruses and spyware can they, Confab?

Stuartli 17:34 06 Jan 05

Easy to be wise after the event.

However, if writers of such malicious invasion of systems put their obvious talents to better use they could find themselves considerably better off financially...:-)

Dorsai 17:43 06 Jan 05

If Msoft were any good at anti-malware, why are their products so susceptible to it in the first place?

Personally, given the speed with which malware writers seem able to exploit security loopholes in Msoft products, i would not touch a Msoft anti malware tool with someone else's barge-pole, let alone my own.

VoG II 17:46 06 Jan 05

Yes BUT it is Giant AntiSpyware with a Microsoft label.

GaT7 17:55 06 Jan 05

Well Confab, it would be fairer to say something against their problematic OSes (even though the majority of us use them)! Viruses & other scum aren't quite of their making - not directly at least.

"However, if writers of such malicious invasion......considerably better off financially" - sadly : ( it's an evil world we live in, Stuartli, more evil than resourceful - in this respect anyway. G

Djohn 17:56 06 Jan 05

Do you mean this one VoG? click here Link provided courtesy of expertec at winforum.

Totally-braindead 18:17 06 Jan 05

Downloaded it and it found one that adaware and spybot missed.

Confab 18:17 06 Jan 05

I suppose the point that I'm trying to make is that initially this app is free but Microsoft are looking to charge for it in the future.

Well shouldn't Microsoft feel obliged to produce an O/S that's as secure as it can be? Not full of holes/exploits that they will then charge us to fix.

Just my point of view.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…