should you leave your pc switched on at the wall

nikef 13:19 14 Oct 05

over nite, i do, but my sis does not and when she switces the pc on in the morning it sends monitor in 2 stand by

Methedrine 13:30 14 Oct 05

I suppose it is really down to personal preference.

I leave mine plugged in but not switched on.

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:32 14 Oct 05

click here 117 posts says it all.

G

SANTOS7 13:33 14 Oct 05

To configure a power scheme

1. In Control Panel, click Performance and Maintenance, and then click Power Options.
2. Click the Power Schemes tab.
3. Select a power scheme. You can then change the settings in the power scheme to best meet your needs, this will include disabling the standby option.
If your sisters PC is run through a power surge protected extension then tell her to leave it on as it will do no harm, if she still prefers to turn off at mains then the first part will help,good luck..

nikef 13:34 14 Oct 05

thank you, i do what you do but my sister switches the lot off and when she switches it bk on the next morning it sends monitor in2 stand by,would that cause sum sort of power surge or something many thanks 4 replying

nikef 13:40 14 Oct 05

thank you gandalf and santos7 for replying she does not have a power surge protector will try that many thanks

woodchip 13:51 14 Oct 05

I leave the Wall plug in switched on all the time unless going away or storms

nikef 13:58 14 Oct 05

thanks woodchip she just abit paraniod she turns everything of at the wall incase of it starts a fire

Glyn-252301 16:12 14 Oct 05

People have died in their beds through leaving things switched on.
Just a thought.

woodchip 16:18 14 Oct 05

I seem to think that's why the brought SMOKE Alarms out

bruno 16:55 14 Oct 05

Smoke alarms might save your life but it may cost you your house.The fault on the monitor will not be caused by being switched on in the morning.It is safer to switch off at the socket,it leaves one less thing to go wrong.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…