Should pc clock automatically alter!!

gazmix 13:10 25 Oct 09

Hi
Should my pc clock have automatically gone back an hour or has everyone done it manually!

Also, i have my Antivirus set to auto update everyday at 14.00hrs, it is still set at that but doing it at 13.00hrs. Seems like things are out of configuration.

cheers

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:13 25 Oct 09

it will only change if you have the option ticked

double click on the clock to bring up properties - Time Zone tab - make sure set to correct time zone and put tick in box Automatically adjust...

User-1229748 13:20 25 Oct 09

don't know your operating system but in vista to have it change automatically right click the time in bottom right and click on adjust date/time then click on change time zone and make sure that automatically adjust clock for daylight saving time is ticked.

User-1229748 13:21 25 Oct 09

my typing is getting slower :o(

gazmix 13:24 25 Oct 09

there is no tick box in the 'Time Zone Tab' & yes i'm in the correct time zone (GMT Casablanca, Monrovia).
In the 'Internet time' Tab, there is a tick box that is checked, 'automatically synchronize to an internet time server' (time.windows.com) & an option to update now & time it last synchronized & when it will again!
However it didn't adjust automatically!

gazmix 13:37 25 Oct 09

its XP Pro :)

gazmix 14:07 25 Oct 09

ok yeh i see this!! its checked, whats the difference?, isn't 1 GMT the same as all GMT's?, i guess this is the reason it didn't change automatically!

morddwyd 19:45 25 Oct 09

GMT is the same but BST isn't.

If you have told the computer you are in Casablanca, it will change your clock when they are changed in Casablanca, which may not be the same time as they are changed in London.

gazmix 19:58 25 Oct 09

ahh ok, so its about the time the GMT place is changed! Cheers!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…