Should I switch to Orange Mobile Broadband?

Joaquina 19:48 07 May 08

Hi guys, been looking at various threads to get some advice but can't find the right one.
Currently I have BT Broadband wired. Great service, great speeds, good price.
I want to be able to use my notebook in my bedroom though without trailing the wire and router up the stairs! Have been looking at going for Orange Mobile Broadband at £15 per month with a 24 month contract. Is it a good service? Am I best to stay with the wires!!! I have looked at the Orange problems website but that is so huge! Just a bit of advice I need really.

Thanks In Advance.

Ditch999 22:15 07 May 08

If you are happy with the service you are getting and the price you are paying then buy a wireless router and a wireless adapter for your laptop (if its not built in) and you can use it anywhere in the house.

woodchip 22:19 07 May 08

As above all you need do is buy a good wireless router modem

Joaquina 23:21 07 May 08

Thanks for your answers. Cheeky but do you recommend a wireless router make? My Notebook is not wifi but I presume I can get something??

AubreyS 07:14 08 May 08

You could phone BT and see if you can upgrade to BT Total Broadband. Then you may get a free Homehub which will be wirless.

Ditch999 15:54 08 May 08

If you get a Netgear router then get a Netgear notebook adapter ie stick to the same make for both, they will run better. Indeed, if you look in the right places they sometimes have offers that if you but a router you get a free adapter. click here this is only for demonstration purposes and as AubreyS said if you ring the right dept in BT and ask for your free upgrade they might send you a free wireless router (although it wont be as good as the spec of the one I mentioned)

Joaquina 20:29 08 May 08

Thanks, very helpful!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac