Should I lower my security level for a download?

otubby1 15:13 09 Jun 03

Now then, there's a thing! I have never had a problem downloading a file... with one exception!

Cheyanne Bitware!

I have tried to get this faxing (correctly spelt F.E. LOL) utility for some time now, because I used to have, and use, it in days before broadband.

For the last couple of weeks, I have tried to download it at least a couple of dozen times without success. It starts to transfer, then stops almost immediately every time. I would like a couple of opinions, please.

Is the university workstation in the Netherlands, that is attacking my machine with a ping, likely to cause me problems if I lower my security level for this download? Or should I go out and buy it? Even though it would break my heart to do so LOL.

Belatucadrus 16:48 09 Jun 03

If you can't download bitware, try CallCentre click here

Megatyte 17:00 09 Jun 03

Where are you trying to download from? Try this link. It worked for me.

click here

If you still have problems try using a download accelerator. GetRight usually downloads problem files without any trouble.

click here

AH

otubby1 17:22 09 Jun 03

Belatucadrus, that is not the way I want to do it. I want to do it direct from my machine like I used to, even though I'm now on Broadband, but thanks for the link.

Megatyte: It was spyfind that I was at, and I think that is the trouble... the site! I don't have any problems with any other download so I don't think I need an accelerator, although I have used them in the past when I was on dialup. Again, thanks anyway for the link.

Megatyte 17:48 09 Jun 03

Try GetRight. At least then you can pick up any broken download.

No problem with SpyFind. I've just downloaded Bitware again, no probs.

AH

otubby1 17:52 09 Jun 03

A few have said that. I think it must be my overprotective AV :)

Although it is only set on normal, it doesn't let anything suspicious through.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…