Should I install sp3?

hiwatt 12:25 11 Aug 08

Hi folks,I am now being offered sp3 via automatic updates but I'm really wary of installing it because of the problems people here have experienced.Is there a valid reason FOR installing sp3 or should it be ok to do without it.Has anybody NOT bothered installing it?Thanks.

gardener 12:34 11 Aug 08

Best thing to do would be to make an image of your disk using Acronis True Image and then install SP3. If you have any problems after the install you can revert back to your original setup with the disk image.

provider 2 12:39 11 Aug 08

I`m still waiting for the automatic update having decided there was no great rush to install Sp 3.

There were some problems with AMD (ie non-Intel based machines) but whether or not that has been resolved now, I don`t know.

click here

click here

Ditch999 12:39 11 Aug 08

I'm still running SP2 on all my PCs and I dont intend upgrading (lol jok) to SP3.
If it aint broke, dont try to fix it.

hiwatt 12:41 11 Aug 08

I don't have acronis or any such program although I do really need to invest in one because I've needed it in the past.What I'm asking is,Is there any benefit to actually installing sp3 atall?Thanks.

hiwatt 12:43 11 Aug 08

That's what I wanted to know.I don't have any problems atall with this computer running sp2 but wanted to know if there was any reason to install sp3 atall.Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now