Should I install .NET framework 3.5?

VNAM75 23:39 05 Aug 09

It's a 70mb auto windows update. I don't know what it's for, can anyone explain whether it is important?

Sea Urchin 00:04 06 Aug 09
  sunnystaines 07:38 06 Aug 09

I have all net framework installed apparently some software needs it.

Graphicool1 09:29 06 Aug 09

The problems we had with .NET 3.5 has moved on since then the link Sea Urchin is showing you. As sunnystaines says I too now have them all. So don't let our misgivings back then frighten you off. 3.5 patches older updates, but also referring again to what sunnystaines said some new software won't run without it.

It's a bit like this, if Ms is telling you that you should install it as an important update, then you must need it. If it's just there as an optional extra, the choice is yours. It is big, have you got room for it?

As my name implies I am an artist, as such I need it, because the sort of software I use is the sort that can't run without it - ie to mention just one 'Paint.Net' most of the software that needs 3.5 are to do with art/photo graphics.

I hope this helps.

Stuartli 10:45 06 Aug 09

When I first bought an ATi graphics card, .NET Framework was required to be installed along with the Catalyst software.

However, I've been using ATi Tray Tools instead of the bloated Catalyst offering for several years now, so not really aware if it still applies.

ATi provided a .NET Framework 2.0 link on its website at the time I had Catalyst installed.

Stuartli 10:46 06 Aug 09

I have .NET Framework installed in any case in all its flavours..:-)

VNAM75 20:38 09 Aug 09

Thanks for the replies, I did not know there were any posts added to the thread. I've installed it and will do the same in future since I have plenty of HD space.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…