should I have these running?

pollpott 19:54 24 Feb 05

Looking on processes running I find there are a lot of them, 36 altogether, some of which look dodgy. They are svhost.exe under local service, network service and system, the last 2 appear twice in the list. Also there is Isasss.exe ,crss.exe ,smss.exe E-s101C2.exe and golden retriever.

Old Shep 19:56 24 Feb 05

Have a look at this click here

woodchip 19:56 24 Feb 05

Do not touch any services unless you know what you are doing. You can remove ticks from the startup tab in MSCONFIG but leave at least AV and Firewall running

Totally-braindead 19:57 24 Feb 05

Have a look at this click here tells you what everything does and what you can disable. Golden retriever though thats a weird one, do you have adaware and anti virus?

stalion 19:58 24 Feb 05

svchost is a windows file svhost is not and requires action.Scroll down this site and tells you how to remove it.
click here

stalion 20:02 24 Feb 05

golden retriever info and removal click here

pollpott 20:49 24 Feb 05

I have followed the instructions from the web site u suggested. It says to follow the path HKEY-LOCAL-MACHINE\SOFTWARE\microsoft\windows\current version\run\ look for the that says Task Manager="c:\mstask.exe" and delete it. the problem is that when I get to the run part there is nothing which says task manager. What is meant by key?

stalion 20:52 24 Feb 05

golden retriever is an old trojan try this to see if it will remove it click here

pollpott 21:14 24 Feb 05

I ran this already, golden retriever does not use any processor power when I check it, does this mean its innactive?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…