Should I go for this laptop please?

Sneeze1 16:36 20 Jan 15

I am looking for a laptop on which I can do my photography. I will be putting Lightroom or photoshop elements on it, and would use a flash stick to transfer the finished project to my pc.

I have just gone into Cash Converters and have seen a laptop (HP Pavilion 15”-N278 SA) for £299.99. It has an AMD with windows 8 and 8gb ram with 1TB HDD. The deposit is £60 with £40 fortnightly payments.

Should I go for this deal, or should I look elsewhere and stay with Intel?

Many thanks.

Ian in Northampton 20:26 20 Jan 15

If you look on eBay, these do sell for more than that, so it looks like a bargain. No reason to discriminate against AMD - many prefer Intel, but AMD do good processors for less money. I'd be confident this would do what you're looking to do. The question in my mind would be how much warranty they'll give you.

SparkyJack 09:46 21 Jan 15

The two sources you mention are possibly not the best should warranty/repair issues arise.

A regular retailer of superceded/refurbished equipment with full cover is better.

Take a look at Morgan computers web site for a diverse range of kit.

SparkyJack 09:50 21 Jan 15
  SparkyJack 11:53 21 Jan 15

Whilst Adobe graphics are the are the market leaders Have you tried GIMP an open source Photoshop clgnu image manipulation manager1

enter image ditorr free trial

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now