//some 3rd party need geo

Should i buy these

keith-236785 19:54 18 Jun 04

hi, i just got my weekly e-mail from ebuyer, on the e-mail this caught my eye. i have just bought/installed my first 8x dual dvd burner and need some discs.

click here, Is there/does anyone know why i shouldnt buy these discs, the offer seems to be good.

any advice appreciated

Keith

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:07 18 Jun 04

Looks like a good offer if suitable for your burner. I suggest you check first on your burners' web site.

Mine is quite temperamental first DVD disks I bought all gave me burn failed messages from Nero, although could burn Cd's no prob.

/\0/\

keith-236785 20:12 18 Jun 04

thanks mate, i will leave it open a little while longer and see if anyone has a good reason why not to buy them (dont know whether to go for 8x discs though)

i am going to a compy fair on sunday so i will see whats on offer there before buying these (i dont like delivery charges, seems to take away the good savings on the actual product)

rickf 20:28 18 Jun 04

If your DVD Burner is multi format, there should be no probs. Check with you DVD Burner's website to ensure that these discs are compatible with it. No reason why they wouldn't be but best to make certain.

keith-236785 20:42 18 Jun 04

the drive is a NEC 2500A dual format 8x drive bundled with nero6

i have checked the manufacturers web site and they dont mention Infiniti disks, dont know if that means they wont work or if they just dont reccomend them.

Dorsai 21:03 18 Jun 04

NO.

If you are not sure they are what you want/need/can use, don't buy them. do a bit more research..

Try e-mail to supplier, and ask them if they are any good for your hardware. If they say 'YES' and they are 'no good' you have a good case for a full refund. If they say 'NO' then it's only cost you a few key-strokes for an e-mail.

byfordr 21:19 18 Jun 04

Have a quick butchers at click here lists all sorts of media suitable for your burner. Good prices as well. Unless you wanted the St George's cross!

Have a quick butchers at click here lists all sorts of media suitable for your burner. Good prices as well. Unless you wanted the St George's cross!

Gongoozler 21:41 18 Jun 04

The reviewer on the Ebuyer site says that the disks are made by Sony. Another make CD-R disk I bought from Ebuyer were very good at a low price, and I have no reason to think that these aren't equally good value. Any CD-R or CD-RW brand could give problems with some models of burners. If you can afford to take a chance with nearly £20, give them a try. Otherwise see if you can buy them in a smaller pack to find out if your burner is happy with them before committing yourself to a 50 pack.

keith-236785 21:52 18 Jun 04

Gongoozler

good advice, thanks to everyone who replied, i will visit the fair on sunday and if i dont buy there, i will look again at these discs. i will tick as resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…