Should i buy cybermaxx computer from toysrus?

dfritter 00:37 09 Aug 03

Thinking of buying a new computer and Toysrus have a seemingly good offer on a Cybermaxx computer 1099, P4, TFT, DVD Writer etc. Has anyone bought a Cybermaxx computer before? Any other suggestions?

Djohn 01:14 09 Aug 03

Can't remember the threads now, but quite a few forum users have bought from Toys-R-us, and seem to have been very happy with their decision. j.

TBH1 01:27 09 Aug 03

dfritter - - any more specs on that mate ?? Price ??? Think these are rebadged Medion ones - - -and these have had rave revues

dfritter 09:58 09 Aug 03

There is a one year warranty with the computer and i don't want to left high and dry but if they have been getting rave reviews then maybe i will not have to worry about the warranty. The Spec includes 15" TFT, p4 2.8, 120gb, 512mb, connect plus front panel, DVD Writer.

Thanks for the responses i appreciate it.

d

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:01 09 Aug 03

It is a Medion and is one of the best PCs available, in the UK, for the price......which is?

G

barrie_g 10:36 09 Aug 03

He's keeping the price to himself until he gets down there and buys one, so that we dont all rush out and get one and there are none left for him;-))

Lú-tzé 10:41 09 Aug 03

Is the price not £1099? Seems good value if you want a 15 inch tft.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:27 09 Aug 03

PCW were selling similar Medions, WITH 15" TFT, for £799 recently...I would wait for the next shipment to PCW or Aldi.

G

SEASHANTY 11:53 09 Aug 03

You will get a better software slection included with the Aldi Medions which they will probably have in again come late November if you want to wait. The Aldi supplied Medions are always in demand and usually a queue forms well before opening times at their stores on the day they go on sale.

jospar 12:11 09 Aug 03

If you worried about being left high and dry, which I asumming you are concerned what happens if you get problems, after this period.

You can get a extended type warrenty/insurance from other places, have a word with your household insurers they might have a add-on policy that can be added to your contents insurance. I know that several years ago that T.S.B was offering this type of thing.

And as you can see, there always this site that offers a wealth of information and tec support for free.

I can't give you a opinoin on weather it's a good deal all not, as I've nether brought a new off the shelf system, having started out on second hand machine, and then learn't to build my own.

Giantsquid 12:54 09 Aug 03

My brother was in Aldi this week and asked about the Medions and when they were coming in,one of the lassies told him that they are not going to sell anymore through Aldi....which seems daft knowing how many they shift, I have one bought in April this year and they are superb, and told my brother to go along and ask when they will be getting them in again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos