a shortcut to a website on the desktop ???

Morpheus? 09:39 10 Dec 03

hi all, can someone tell me how do you do the above, I have a online diary, how can i put a icon or whatever on the desktop to save typing in the address each time, i have it in favorites, i have just tried the "create shortcut" from the favorites..but it was on about "active desktop" when i said "yes" but nothing came up..except a panel with nothing in it, i then had to use go-back to get rid of it..thanks

Jester2K II 09:41 10 Dec 03

Open the page you want. Drag the blue IE icon from the address bar in IE to the desktop and let go. If prompted about Active Desktop say NO.

Jester2K II 09:42 10 Dec 03

Or drag and drop a COPY of the favourites entry to the desktop and make a COPY (Not shortcut to)

LeadingMNMs 09:43 10 Dec 03

just go to favourites and right click on the link you want to place on the desktop and go Send to, Desktop (create shortcut). alternatively right click on the desktop, new, shortcut and type in the website in the wizard that opens.

Andsome 09:44 10 Dec 03

I just tried this and it worked in XP Home. Click onto Favourites, then right click the website in question, and you should get the option to create a shortcut on the desktop.

Morpheus? 09:56 10 Dec 03

you guys never fail to amaze, thank you all for the response, i went with Jester's on this occasion, and now all sorted, nice one...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…