How to Change the Color, Size, and Font of Individual Window Elements
To change the font, size, or colors of individual Window elements, follow these steps: 1. Right-click an empty area of your desktop, and then click Properties.
2. Click the Appearance tab, and then click Advanced.
3. In the Item list or in the preview window, click the Window element that you want to change. You can select from any of the following items:
Active Title Bar
Active Window Border
Icon Spacing (Horizontal)
Icon Spacing (Vertical)
Inactive Title Bar
Inactive Window Border
4. Do any of following to achieve the look that you want:
NOTE: Not all options for all Window elements are available. For example, the Font option appears dimmed and is unavailable for elements in the Item list that do not display text.• Under Item:• In the Size box, specify the size that you want to use for the item.
• In the Color box, specify the color that you want to use for the item.
• Under Font:• Click the font that you want to use for the item.
• In the Size box, specify the font size.
• In the Color box, specify the color that you want.
• To apply a bold font, click B. To italicize the font, click I.
A preview of your current settings is displayed in the preview window.
5. When you are finished making the changes that you want, click OK twice to save your settings.