Shortcut Not Working on Desktop only?

KW2K 17:33 24 Jan 04

Wonder if anyone knows the answer to this one. I'm running Win XP, and if i click on the shortcut Pinnacle Instant Copy on my Desktop, It dosent work at all, however if i connect to the internet it works every time ? Wonder why this is ? Incidently, if i click on the shortcut within the program folder, Pinnacle Instant Copy works every time, as it should. Its only the shorcut on the desktop that dosen't work unless I'm connected to the Internet when it works every time. Anyone, any ideas ?

Big Elf 19:43 24 Jan 04

Delete the shortcut and place another one on the desktop?

VoG II 19:48 24 Jan 04

Agree with Big Elf but you could try right clicking the shortcut, select Properties and see what it says in the Target box.

KW2K 21:27 25 Jan 04

Guy's, Thanks for replying to my posting. However, I have tried creating a new shortcut from the one which works in the start, program folder, but this dosen't work either on the desktop. (I am logged into Win XP with administrative rights)Also I have checked the properties and they point to the same path on both shortcuts, except the shortcut on the desktop dosen't work unless i am connected to the Internet ! This is a weird problem, wish i could get to the bottom of this one ! Thanks anyway !

Big Elf 21:59 25 Jan 04

Try creating the shortcut from Explorer, Program Files (after deleting the one on the desktop first).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…