Shortcut link GONE !!!

peter4076 14:25 10 Sep 03

Created short cut link on desktop then when I try to launch it, it can't find the link. The item is my CDRom drive created from MY Computer folder usual stuff r/click sub menu create shortcut then it informs you if you want it on the desktop click yes and there it is on desktop reboot puta then R/click icon out of menu L/click eject, can't find link. Puzzling me any help gratefully received. Running WinXP.

Jester2K II 14:33 10 Sep 03

Same here (Windows XP)

Don't think you can do it like that...

Belatucadrus 17:09 10 Sep 03

Sorry to chuck a spanner in the works, but I've just tried it on my XP setup and it works fine. I use the classic menu as the teletubbies XP one gets up my nose.

Steven135 18:19 10 Sep 03

There was athread running about this some time ago:

click here

peter4076 08:37 11 Sep 03

Thanks for your contributions, but picked up an earlier thread and it seems like its on going. Been running WinXP since week 1 even the beta before launch and I am most impressed with this O/S been there since 95,98&SE,ME,2000, & XP and is head & shoulders above the rest. 2 weeks ago went to M/soft w/site for some updates done the scan and was informed that I needed 28 critical updates and that SP1 would be a good idea !!, anyway done the necessary and voila s/cuts not available (they have been since XP launched) so methinks it is linked. Went to website 11/09/03
and M/soft recommend waiting for the fix in the the next support pack SP2 do you think. Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…