Shortcut for changing Cap letters 2 lower case?

Time and time again, I find my beloved other half has left the Caps lock on. I put my head down, type an e-mail or letter etc and then have to delete the lot and start again- is there a shortcut or method to selecting the offending text and changing it to lower case or vice versa? (I'm sure there is a key or key combi but cannot remember!)
Thanks!

Yoda Knight 14:18 22 Mar 05

This may be a function in some applications, but no in all. It is not a default windows function either.

Easiest would be to check the capslock before you start typing... or just ban ur partner from the PC altogether, especially if he/she is doing all his/her typing with capslock on :)

plsndrs3 14:19 22 Mar 05

try shift+F3 [or F4, can't remember which]. This works in MS Word .....

HTH

Paul

dogbreath1 14:25 22 Mar 05

Not wholly relevent, but you might find the following tip amusing or even useful. If you go to Control Panel, Accessibility Options then put a tick in the box for, Use Toggle Keys, you will then get a bleep whenever you use the Caps Lock, Scroll Lock and Num Lock keys.

Shas 14:40 22 Mar 05

In addition to Shift + F3, you could put the 'Change Case' icon on your toolbar. Go to tools > customise > commands. In the left hand Categories box, select Format, then scroll down the options in the right hand Commands window until you see AAa Change Case. Select and drag to where you want it on the tool bar. Click it and you're given several options, (sentence case, all upper, all lower, toggle etc.)

Completealias 14:43 22 Mar 05

In word its ctrl+shift+k may work in other apps as well

march 19:31 22 Mar 05

Debe

to change text you can either

highlight the text hold down shift & press F3 (whilst holding down shift then each press of F3 gives an option,lower,upper,or capitals for each word),
or

click format, select 'change case' & with the curser at the end of the word you want to change(or by highlighting one word or block highlight all words you want to change) then select the option you want,click ok

hope this helps

Thanks to you all!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…