Shortcut bar in Office 97 will not let me in

Zebrapec 15:13 28 Aug 05

When I try to access word, XL power point etc. from my shortcut bar a window open that says:
'You may not have the appropiate permission to access this item'. I can open all the office programs from elsware.

I am the administrator.
I have xp home edition.

woodchip 15:18 28 Aug 05

Just right click the Icon and Delete it, then right click the Icon etc that works and drag a new shortcut

Zebrapec 15:28 28 Aug 05

When I right click the icon there in no delete feture open, just run, properties, hide, pin to stat menue,properties, and rename.

woodchip 16:38 28 Aug 05

First try draging a new Icon as above. From the working Icon

Zebrapec 16:54 28 Aug 05

Ok, I dragged a 'working icon' to same 'not working icon' and it put it at the bottom of the coloum and called it copy 2. This copy would then not work and gave the same message as before.

woodchip 17:00 28 Aug 05

If you have a Full XP OS disc put it in comp and from Run Type SFC /SCANNOW to check for corrupt files, but it may be registry fault. You could also run Restore to earlier date if you have it switched on

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…