Short And Sweet...

Derek-Trotter 13:26 28 Jan 06

Could do with some experienced advice if poss..

Are Evesham Desktop PC's any good!? Got aprox £1500 to spend and no idea what to buy? You seem to get a lot of PC for your money with Evesham??

Thanks Guys...

wee eddie 13:30 28 Jan 06

Software, Printer, Scanner and most useful, an External Hard Drive for really simple Backing-up.

Evesham are held in high regard with only a very few problems brought to our notice here.

Derek-Trotter 13:38 28 Jan 06

Cheers.. Their specs/prices seem really good..

And hadn't thought about the peripherals really.. Maybe a £1200 PC and some extra bits then...

Thanks..

johndrew 14:10 28 Jan 06

I bought my PC new last June.

I looked at Evesham and their quality and support looked very good. However, they weren`t quite as willing to provide the exact spec. that I wanted so I ended up with a smaller independent that was more flexible and cheaper. Still good quality and a two year on-site warranty. They also answer the `phone.

Probably the answer would be that if you want an off-the-shelf solution they are good, if you want to modify your requirement then maybe look at a smaller supplier.

Derek-Trotter 14:25 28 Jan 06

Cheers..

A smaller supplier such as who tho? Any companies in particular?

pj123 14:41 28 Jan 06

Look here:

click here

or here: click here

These are my first two choices because they are local to me.

Derek-Trotter 14:50 28 Jan 06

Cool..

cheers for all the advice..

Forum Editor 15:14 28 Jan 06

you might want to consider a laptop. Your budget would get you a very powerful machine indeed, and you would have the added advantage of portability.

Modern laptops can be every bit as versatile as desktops, and are well worth considering.

johndrew 17:04 28 Jan 06

I used click here but the choice is large. They built the PC in only a couple of days (I presume their workload was low at that time) and I drove down to collect it. When they found I needed a couple of leads and some DVD-Rs they threw those in at no extra cost.

stylehurst 17:09 28 Jan 06

Novatech are worth a look

tony58 13:19 29 Jan 06

they also deliver in 2 to 4 working days( click here)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…