Shopping Security Problem

Wazzec 11:14 18 Sep 06

On 19 August I placed an online order for a product using my Credit Card as payment. I received an email acknowledgement, with an invoice no, stating that the item would be dispatched within 3-5 working days.

I have not received the product and have not received a reply to my email and their telephone no. does not work.

I have contacted their security co. GeoTrust who emailed asking them to contact me. I have heard nothing.

The website is still active and my order status shows "Payment Pending".

I am not worried about the lack of delivery but am worried that my Credit Card details are now sitting on a none-functioning website.

Other than keeping an eye on my Credit Card transactions what else should I do?

ArrGee 11:17 18 Sep 06

What site did you make the payment on?

ArrGee 11:19 18 Sep 06

Might be worth phoning GeoTrust on 01622 764789

Jackcoms 11:19 18 Sep 06

"my order status shows "Payment Pending"."

Have you checked with your credit card issuer? Has payment been taken or not?

Wazzec 11:57 18 Sep 06

Thanks for your very rapid replies.

The website is click here

I have just rung GeoTrust who have put me onto "whois" and Consumer Direct. The latter are to call me back.

I have been monitoring my CC payments and nothing unauthorised has been taken out.

Jackcoms 12:03 18 Sep 06

"nothing unauthorised has been taken out."

But has payment been taken for the item you ordered?

If not, I think that it's reasonable to assume, now that a month has passed since you ordered that you will not be receiving the item and your credit card will not be charged.

Possibly because there was a problem with your payment at the time of ordering.

Wazzec 15:29 18 Sep 06

No the payment has not been taken from my account. I think that you are probably correct that I will not be charged. Normally, if there is a problem with your Credit Card details etc, the site contacts you to sort out what it is.

I am now taking a few more steps to contact the company involved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…