Shopping cart systems

Richard Hillman 22:43 27 May 04

Can anyone please recommend a shopping cart system for use on my e-commerce website, i have already considered paypal and would like any other recommendations to consider.

Thanking you in anticipation

Charence 23:53 27 May 04

The only other option I could think of is to make one yourself. Paypal is very good though!

Taran 10:43 28 May 04

How much of the site do you have done ?

If you have PHP and MySQL support then you could consider osCommerce, which is more or less an entire e-commerce website in a box. You populate the underlying MySQL database with your products and then arrange your payment providor click here

If you mean that you want specific information on how to process payment, post again to that effect. This is perhaps the one area that brings online trading to a screeching halt on a regular basis.

Have a quiet word with your back in the meantime. Most banks offer e-commerce support but the costs for payment processing vary wildly.

Try to give a bit more detail over which aspect of the process you want information on. E-commerce covers a lot of ground.

HighTower 11:49 29 May 04

I've used the system provided by Actinic in the past, teamed up with Netbanx for online payment (who are excellent in customer support and integration). It isn't that cheap to set up but it works really well and offers much more than just the basic transfer of money (also stock control, ability to easy add new products or pages, mail notifications etc).

Richard Hillman 23:13 11 Jul 04

thanks all, sorry for the late reply. i've decided to go with paypal as i'm on a budget.

thanks again, richard hillman's mate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…