Shockwave ... swf ... YouTube .... etc.

Diemmess 17:22 05 Oct 08

Browsing in Speaker's Corner and "How do you protect your data" I tried Fruit Bat /\0/\ 's link to YouTube

My computer suts smugly in front of me and says "done", but I have only a blank window.

I believe this is Shockwave related with a subscript .swf
I can access YouTube from other links, but plainly am missing something, though seldom offered a blank window when browsing.

What (among other things) am I missing?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:38 05 Oct 08

What browser?

you appear to be blocking scripts / java

Diemmess 18:39 05 Oct 08

Aol (internet explorer) is the browser.
Blocking with browser config. or Zone Alarm?

Believe I'm up to date with Java.
When i had similar disobedience from .pdf files I think it was cured by tinkering in IE tools for "open in separate window."

Will have to show some interest in the other half now. I'll be back to read any developments in the morning.

D

wiz-king 18:51 05 Oct 08

You are not alone - I have the same problem. I have downloaded the shockwave player from Adobe and can see it listed in IE7 add-ons but put the lack of seeing anything down to my firewall/anti virus. Now I need to delve further, I will keep an eye on this thread and post back if I find the answer.

Diemmess 09:37 06 Oct 08

Now wiz-king joins me in the search for Truth.

A link posted in Speakers Corner produces only a blank window with the coner message saying "Done"
click here
Does anyone out there know the cause of this problem, and better still a cure?

Dart Echo 09:47 06 Oct 08

Can't help you I'm afraid but just to let you know the link works fine here using Avant, Opera and IE.

bobbybluenose 09:52 06 Oct 08

the link works fine for me,sorry cant help you in any other way.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:16 06 Oct 08

Clear your internet cache and retry.

ACOLYTE 20:05 06 Oct 08

The video is not so good anyway lol.

Jak_1 20:27 06 Oct 08

Link works fine for me.

Diemmess 20:40 06 Oct 08

Aol has maintenance problems at present, but was able to check the status of Java (up to date) and cleared the Aol cache.

Alas, no difference.
Mentally I'm steeling myself for a lengthy Live Help tomorrow. That service is not available tonight.
Not serious, but I dislike not being able to clear what is a trivial snag.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…