shockwave player and direct x

janetj235 23:55 26 Apr 06

I do play a lot of online games, and i am alway being asked to download shockwaves or directx or something like that to play the games, but what i cant understand is that why does this happen, when i have done it once eg last nite talking on msn was sent a wink, i was told to install shockwaves so i could recieve the wink, i tried to do this but it said i have installed but still couldnt receive the winks

mentalguy66 16:11 30 Apr 06

click here to grab the latest Shockwave player. DirectX is availible from Microsoft's website.

skidzy 20:15 01 May 06

If no joy from mentalguy66's link try this click here

Hope this helps.

janetj235 23:21 01 May 06

thank peps but still can download shockwaves from anywhere strange as i have had this on my pc but do to me restore back to factory settings, but i am getting new graphics card this week and i will then see how things are, i just thought why if we download these things to play games and so on why do we have to do it more than once thank you any way

skidzy 23:26 01 May 06

Janet you should not have to keep downloading the flash player,have you uninstalled from add and remove programs first before reinstalling.

Good bet is to uninstall then run click here ,Reboot and reinstall.This way you will delete any obsolete registry values and have a fresh installation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…