Shockwave Install Prob

Yoda2002 14:03 03 Sep 04

i went to play a game online and it wanted the new shockwave so i started the install it went fine untill it got to 99% and a error message said :
" An I/O error occurred while installing a file. This is normally caused by bad installation media or a corrupt installation file"

but i downloaded it form macomadia's site
i running a toshiba A40 laptop 2.6 intel celeron with xp home os any help would be g8 as i have tried reinstalling and the same message keeps coming up please help

Yoda2002 15:10 06 Sep 04

help plzs guys

smudge101 15:40 06 Sep 04

It could be that the problem is with the file on macromedia's server. I would give it a couple of days and try again. It may be worth getting in touch with them and letting them know.

smudge101 15:49 06 Sep 04

I have just tried to install it on my machine and it all went OK so if you still have the problem it is not down to thier file.

If you still cannot get it to install try removing any previous versions first. After that I am out of suggestions (unless something occurs to me meanwhile!)

Good luck

Yoda2002 14:11 07 Sep 04

thanks i'll try again to download it

Yoda2002 10:51 08 Sep 04

no same prob same message any more ideas

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…