Shockwave

paulhicko 17:56 22 Feb 06

I keep getting the following error message

shockwave flash. the plugin performed illegal operation. you are strongly advised to restart navigator

it prompts to tick a box and OK then lets me continue surfing. I've tried reinstalling flash but it comes straight back up

Anyone have any ideas on what I might do?

Thanks

octal 17:57 22 Feb 06

Can you give a little more information please, like what operating system and what browser are you using?

paulhicko 18:10 22 Feb 06

I:m using Windows XP and the browser is Mozilla

octal 19:52 22 Feb 06

I'm not sure which Mozilla you are using, but try uninstalling it, backing up your bookmarks first. Once its uninstalled look for a folder called Mozilla, it could be hidden and move it to another location temporarily in case you need to put it back, then reinstall the whole lot again including Shockwave.

The reason I asked you to move the Mozilla folder is that you may have a corrupted file in there, that folder keeps all your profile information about the settings you use in Mozilla. If it all installs OK and Shockwave works, then you can delete the old Mozilla file and import your bookmarks.

paulhicko 22:07 22 Feb 06

thanks OKTAL..I'll get started!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…