SHLDDRV.VXD driver identification problem

gotti 19:20 02 Jun 04

When I boot up my computer I get a message informing me that the file SHLDDRV.VXD can not be found. I then have to exit this message by pressing 'any key' before Windows 98 is loaded. Presumably this driver belongs to an application that I may have uninstalled, or the file was somehow deleted or corrupted. The error message states that I should reinstall the application and then uninstall it again. Unfortuantely, I can't think which application is responsible. I tried checking on the web re this driver, but for some reason I can't find any info in English. I think the file belongs into Windows Systems dir. Does anyone have any idea where I could find a copy of this file or what application it could be associated with?

Thanks.

Gotti

spikeychris 19:44 02 Jun 04

Did you uninstall Panda AV?

Go to Start >> Run >> and type regedit in the box and click OK

Then follow the path below.

Hkey_local_machine / system / current control set / services/ vxd

If you find the map SHLDDRV there then delete the line Static VXD "Shlddrv.vxd"

Dont touch the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\VXD\JAVASUP key

Or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\VXD\VNETSUP key

Infact dont touch any other key.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…